This is a very easy and simple LED flasher with only three components: a flasher IC LM3909, a LED indicator and an electrolytic capacitor.
The supply voltage is 1.5V, so it can be operated using a 1.5V battery which can be easily found on market.
LED1 _________ Red LED C1 ___________ 100uf/16V IC1 __________ LM3909 Battery ______ 1.5V AAA
The LM3909 is a monolithic oscillator specifically designed to flash Light Emitting Diodes. By using the timing capacitor for voltage boost, it delivers pulses of 2 or more volts to the LED while operating on a supply of 1.5V or less. The circuit is inherently self-starting, and requires addition of only a battery and capacitor to function as an LED flasher.
This circuit can be used for various applications:
- Finding flashlights in the dark, or locating boat mooring floats
- Sales and advertising gimmicks
- Emergency locators, for instance on fire extinguishers
- Toys and novelties
- Electronic applications such as trigger and sawtooth generators
- Siren for toy fire engine, (combined oscillator, speaker driver)
- Warning indicators powered by 1.4V to 200V
Scheme related to LED Flasher with LM3909:
Incoming Search to This Post:
- simple led flasher circuit
- simple flashing led circuit diagram
- led flasher circuit daigram
- led strobe light circuit diagram
- Simple circuit for led indicator using a capacitor
- simple easy circuit